Monday, July 25, 2011

Keeping the Faith!

You know, sometimes I start to feel sorry for myself and for my son, then I snap out of it and I let Satan know that he will not shatter my faith or kill my spirit because he is a liar and a thief and I won't stand for it!!! I find myself looking at Bryson army-crawling, with his legs dragging behind him, scooting on his rear end across the floor, pulling himself with his arms on his belly board, or rolling in his wheelchair and it makes me want to break down into tears, but I don't because I refuse to feel sorry for him or feel sorry for myself for having a disabled son. He is a happy little boy, who has no idea he is different than other kids. He does, however, know the difference between how he gets around and how other kids get around by using their legs and he tells me to "teach him". I tell him we are raising money so we can get him treatments to make his legs work one day and that God is healing him too! He smiles and says "ok mommy" in his sweet little voice! I am starting to realize and learn that people really take for granted the fact that they are so lucky and so blessed to have children who can use their legs for things as small as walking across the room for a toy or being able to walk beside them at the grocery store. I have to carry Bryson everywhere and if he wants something across the room I have to take him there if it's very far. I have learned also that there are people out there who have it even worse than Bryson and I feel lucky and blessed to have him, without the use of his legs and all! He is a super intelligent, oh so very handsome, very outgoing, happy, rambunctious little boy who is so loving and brings me more joy than I've ever experienced in my lifetime! He just can't walk....yet! I know that God is healing him and that the stem cell treatments will help him rebuild the damaged nerves and he will walk one day! I also know that Bryson has the determination and the will to do anything he wants to and that he is very handicapable, not handicapped!!! I am the happiest and luckiest mommy because of Bryson and I love him more than life itself and I will do everything in my power, and will rely on God's grace, to get him everything he needs to have his chance at walking. I will have every type of fundraiser known to man and will use every resource I can to raise the money for his treatments!

The moral to this story is....When you start to feel sorry for yourself or your situation, just know that there is always someone else out there who has it even worse than you and snap out of it and count your blessings and thank God every day for them! Even though I have to catheterize Bryson every 3 hrs, give him medication 3 times a day, take him to a neurologist, urologist and an orthopedic doctor, go to physical therapy and occupational therapy once a week, I still find myself counting my blessings and thanking God every day for giving me this wonderful little angel I call my son! And, believe it or not, there is actually someone out there who has it way worse than me!!!

God Bless!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know how you feal haveing a son that never ben able to walk or play a day of his life its heart breaking but i just keep praying that god will heal him he has to be feed,diper changed dressed and put into weel chair he cant talk to tell us when he hurts or is sick so we can help him we just have to look for sings i have never hurds the words momey but can see it in his eyes every day he is a blessing from god i love him with all my heart he is 36 years old now and is my hero hope your payers are answerd soon take care and god bless