Friday, July 15, 2011

A Day in the Life of Bryson!

I've never really been a morning person, but of course, when you have a child, that all changes because they are certainly morning people! Bryson sometimes gets up as early as 5am! Heck, he's been known to wake up a 2am asking to watch Barney! 9 times out of 10, what Bryson wants, Bryson gets, so we have been known to be sitting in the living room floor watching Barney for a good 2hrs or so before he finally gets tired and wants to go back to bed! Any other time, this would make me pretty upset, but Bryson is the most loving little thing first thing in the morning. How can you resist when a precious voice says to you, "Mommy, I love you so much!" and then he reaches over and gives you an awesomely huge hug around the neck! My heart just melts! We have a morning routine where we get up and turn the Disney Channel on and he dances and sings to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and screams out, "I wanna honeybun!" I get him his honeybun, which has to be on a plate...only a plate! When I bring it to him he says, "What you got there mommy?" It's too cute! Then, it's on to, "I wanna go outside and play in my sandbox" or " I wanna jump on my trampoline", so it's off we outside for a little play time. This morning he actually wanted to get in his wheel stander and blaze around the house at about 90mph before his cartoons and breakfast! Our next step of the day is to get his catheter done and all his medications taken. Bryson has a neurogenic bladder and bowel, so he doesn't know when he needs to go to the bathroom, because of the paralysis from the waist down. So, we do the morning catheter and take the Ditropan, which relaxes the bladder until the next catheter, which is 3hrs later, and will be done every 3hrs for the rest of the day until we go to bed. Anywhere from 11:30 to about 1, he will say, "Mommy, I wanna go night, night" or "Mommy, I wanna take my nap now" and it's off to sleepy land for about an hour, sometimes longer, just depends on how hard he's been playing. When he wakes up he says to me, "Mommy, I wanna hold you" which means he wants me to hold him! I think this must be a universal way of saying "hold me" for all kiddos because every mom tells me their kid says it the same way! After the nap, it's off to Nana's so mommy can go to work for about 3hrs. When he's at Nana's he has a great time swimming and playing with his Aunt Nik, Nik, and his Paw Paw and getting to do anything his little heart desires! He comes home a spoiled rotten little tootie after he's been at Nana's, but that's what Nana's do best! When I get off work, I go pick him up and he has to be put in the car only by Nana and it's the only way we can get him to leave her house. See what I mean, spoiled little tootie! When we get home it's hugs and kisses for Daddy while mommy gets dinner started. After dinner, we usually get to watch cartoons in the bedroom for a little bit before bedtime. It's off to take a bath at about 8, then to bed around 8:30 or 9. We all pile up in the bed...yes, he sleeps with us and has since he's been 4mos old! I guess he was already kind of a spoiled rotten little tootie before Nana got hold of him! It's time for sweet dreams now, until the next morning and the routine starts all over again! Bryson is a big fan of routine. He likes to know what's coming.

Well, that's it! This is a step-by-step guide to our life! There are tons of other things we do, of course, but this is the main routine we have on a daily basis. We have in-home therapy twice a month and therapy at a clinic twice a month as well. We also have lots of doctors' appointments at Scottish Rite Hospital for tests and kideny x-rays and mri's and so forth.

No comments: