Saturday, July 16, 2011

The boy who gave $4!

We have donation jars set up at some of the local businesses here in Emory and I go collect the money every Friday and then go make a deposit into Bryson's fund. I have to share an amazing story of an amazing little 6yr old boy who donated to Bryson's fund on Friday! I went next door to the Prissy Parlor, a children's clothing boutique, owned by very dear friends of ours, and there is four one dollar bills in the donation jar. Usually there's way more than that, but the lady working at the store that day says to me, "I know it's not much, but let me tell you about the little boy that donated that $4." This little 6yr old boy was in the store with his mother, and I'm sure he was bored out of his mind, so he was walking around and saw the donation jar sitting on the front desk and started reading it. Next thing you know, he is pulling every dime he has out of his pockets and he puts it into the jar! He told his mom he wanted to help that little boy in the picture walk one day. Now, if you remember back when you were a kid, $4 was a lot money to part with, but he parted with every cent of it and was glad to do it! This is the biggest display of generosity I have ever witnessed! What a sweetheart! I wish I had been there to give him a big hug and thank him for his unselfish act. I thank God for that little 6yr old boy and his act of kindness! All I can say is, his mommy is to be commended for raising him right! Could you imagine if a ton of people started giving just $4 or $5, how fast we could reach our goal and get Bryson's stem cell treatments started? I would rather have a magnitude of people giving small donations than waiting on a huge amount of people to give huge donations! Please take the time to make a small contribution to Bryson's fund by clicking on the donate button on this blog site. It's a secure link through paypal and the money goes directly into his bank account. Bryson is going to make huge strides with these stem cell treatments and will reach his goal of being able to walk one day. All of us that were born with the ability to move our legs, take for granted how wonderful it is to be able to stand, walk, run and jump. Please give Bryson his chance to live a normal, functional life by making a donation today! God bless you all and thank you in advance for your donation!

No comments: