Monday, August 8, 2011

God is Working in Bryson!

For the past week now, Bryson has had some really strange movements in his right leg! When we are in bed at night, his right leg goes straight up, bent at the knee, and he pulls it to his chest! I try to push it down and he fights me to pull it back up again! There's definitely something going on here people!!!! God is working in my little boy and He is giving me glimpses of what's to come. I am just chomping at the bit to get these stem cells treatments going. We have such a long way to go with raising the money. It won't be long, though, because the Barrels for Bryson fundraiser is gonna be off the charts and it's coming in September! Then, in October, we are having a golf benefit at the Links at Lands End at Lake Fork!

I have been cleaning house and starting over with all new doctors for Bryson here lately because it seems that he has kind of gotten lost in the shuffle at Scottish Rite. I found a new urologist that I really like and I have an appointment set up for a new orthopedic doctor in August. It seems like every time I ask for Bryson to be fitted for braces of any kind, they give me this pathetic line of "He can't, He won't" and they won't even let him try. It frustrates me to no end! When you have a 2yr old telling you, "Mommy, I wanna run, teach my legs" it probably means he wants to try to be in an upright position and wants to try to use his legs! Why do these people not want to even give him a chance to see if he can do it? I know so many other little kids with Spina Bifida who are paralyzed, but they are walking with the assistance of braces and walkers and it breaks my heart that no one will even give Bryson a chance. He has lost so much precious time and is so far behind now. All I can say is, my faith tells me that God has a perfect plan and it's all happened this way for a reason. God will make sure Bryson will walk and when he does, I will take him to all the doctors that said it could not, and would not, ever be done and show them what my God can do!!!

If any of you want to see what stem cells can do for Bryson, go to Facebook and do a search for Healing Ava Grace Fundraiser and watch the videos they made while they were in China getting her treatments. The progress Ava has made is phenomenal! Also, you can do a google search on Spencer Tomc Spina Bifida and watch the 3 part video his mom made. Jennifer gives a ton of information on Spina Bifida and stem cells. She is the reason we are seeking stem cell treatments for Bryson today. I talk to her and Jessica, who is Ava Grace's mom, quite often, and I can't wait to share my success story with them when Bryson get his treatments!

No comments: