Friday, August 26, 2011

Been Busy...Time for an Update!

It's been extremely busy at my household! Bryson has managed to get another UTI, so it's back on meds for him! Ugh! My dog got sprayed by a skunk and it took me two days of cleaning just to get the smell in my house under control! It's still not totally under control because the humidity reactivates the smell and it's coming through my a/c vents. Bryson saw a new orthopedic doctor in Dallas, who we love! I've been working at the store a lot too! It's just been a little chaotic, so I haven't written on the blog for over a week! Time to get focused again!

Ok, I will start with the new ortho! He is great! Very positive and caring and wants to help Bryson in any way he can. Remember, I got a new urologist that we love too, so things are definitely looking up in the doctor department for my little guy. Speaking of my little guy....Bryson is doing some pretty amazing things right now! God is working in him like crazy. When I tell him to wiggle his toes, he wiggles his toes, and now he is getting up on his knees, which he has done for a while now, but it's totally different this time. He is getting on his knees and pushing his rear end way high in the air by using his legs! He is putting all his weight on his hands, but he is pushing off with his legs! Nana got him a tricycle that is used in physical therapy that has hand peddles and foot peddles. He is still a little short and his feet don't touch, but he can just reach the hand peddles and he is now riding his tricycle by using his arms! I can't wait until his legs are long enough and I can strap his feet on the peddles so he can make his legs move by peddling with his arms. This helps retrain the brain to fire off signals to move the legs and is great therapy for training his legs to move! He is also doing this funny thing with his legs at night. He is actually pulling his right leg up to his chest while he is sleeping. The pt and ortho both say he is using his hips to do this, which is great because he is supposes to be paralyzed from ABOVE the waist down! God says no he is not going to be paralyzed and is showing us in so many different ways that this little boy is going to use his legs!

God is still in control and is showing me every day that Bryson is a miracle! I thank you Heavenly Father and I give you all the glory and praise you! When Bryson gets the stem cell treatments, we know that God will be the one placing them right where they need to be to repair the damaged nerves so my little boy will be able to gain sensation is his legs and will be walking, running and jumping! I sing God's praises now and I will sing them from the mountaintops when Bryson takes his first steps!

I absolutely cannot wait until I can give updates and show pictures on this blog of Bryson's progress after the stem cell treatments! Hopefully, this day will come very soon!

No comments: