Sunday, January 29, 2012

Such Progress!!!

Bryson has had a lot going on in the past couple months, so thought I would catch you up! He had a wonderful Christmas and a super 3rd birthday just a month after that. He continues to feel great every day and I am so thankful for that, considering he felt so bad for so long. He has recently started acupuncture sessions. I think it's really helping his bladder and bowel. He also started having rolfing sessions. Rolfing is wear the connective tissue and muscle is manipulated around the bone by a certified rolfer. This is helping with his short and tight heel cords and hips cords, due to only being able to sit instead of stand and bear weight. It's kind of like a really deep tissue massage on steroids and it really stretches those tight cords out. It seems to be helping a lot. Bryson continues to walk every week in physical therapy. He is still in a harness,but he is making great strides...literally! In February, we will have an appointment with the ortho about fitting him for his RGO braces and he will get to start walking with just a walker, without the harnessing! So excited for that to happen! We are getting some last minute things done before we go to Mexico for his stem cell treatments. All we lack is getting our passports renewed, then we can book a date and start making hotel and flight arrangements. I'm thinking we should be ready to go by early March. I absolutely cannot wait until I can start reporting his progress after he gets the stem cell treatment!

On a personal note, my family has been praying a looking for a new church home and I think we finally found it! We have gone to a couple of services at The Way Bible Church in Sulphur Springs and it has really made an impact on us. We plan on attending and getting involved with this church and possibly becoming an official member if things continue to go this good. God has really spoken to me in those two services and it's such a great feeling. Our family has been praying together, I have been reading my bible, and we are trying to teach Bryson all we can about Jesus! It's been an awesome renewing of the mind and spirit!

1 comment:

kathy said...

I am so proud of you and the Mom and the person of faith you have become. I'm also proud of Monty and the steps he's taking with his faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. Bryson is an awesome little boy and I'm privileged to be his grand mother. Kenzi and Mika have grown up to be great kids and Nikki continues to amaze me. I love all of you so much and am so proud that we all which includes Phil, me and Garydon are anointed children of God. May He continue to Bless us with Devine healing.