Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Birdies for Bryson! A Complete Success!

I haven't been posting on here as often as I would like because I have been so busy lately with fundraising, but just though I would give everyone an update on what's been going on.

A high school friend and I put together a golf benefit called Birdies for Bryson, as you all know, and this event turned out so great and we had so much fun! I got to see classmates I haven't seen in over 20yrs and it just amazed me at the show of support from them even though it's been so long. It was such a beautiful day for golfing and the golf course and club were just gorgeous. I mean, this even went off without a hitch! Everything ran so smoothly and everyone had an awesome time! God was with us on this day for sure because He laid it heavy on people to donate and donate they did! We raised a gross total of over $7,000 and after the course was paid and expenses were taken out, Bryson profited $5,000! Woohoo! Praise God!

Another great thing happened during all of the planning for this event and that was getting to know my best friend from high school all over again. We reconnected and bonded so much during this time. We just kinda picked right back up where we left off over 20yrs ago. It was so cool! Lisa Barclay came up with the idea of having a golf tournament and it was a great one. She worked her butt off putting it together and it turned out to be an enormous success.

Wow, what a blessing! I got my best friend back in my life and Bryson got an amazing amount of money for his stem cell fund! I have truly never been so blessed in all my life! God is doing amazing things in Bryson and in my life and I am so very thankful for it all. I glorify God every day for the things He's doing for me and my family and for Bryson.

Thank you Heavenly Father and Thank you Jesus for your blood so that I could be forgiven and can receive all the blessings from your Father and so Bryson can have healing.

No comments: